Hey there! My name is Almog Baku; I am an entrepreneur, leader, and developer with more than 12 years of experience. Expert in Go and in getting things done.
On this blog I’ll write about entrepreneurship and development.
As long as I remember myself, I always loved to found initiatives. Even back in 2004, as a young boy, I first enjoyed to dive into a bunch of code, and hack it to meet my needs for my projects.
Very fast I found myself doing advanced programing, and contributing to the open-source community, and of course- started to making money by using my skills.
Funny facts about me and my youth
- At age 12 I founded community forums website, and was able to convince 3 bigger communities to merge into my platform (Total ~50K users).
- At age 13 I was hired for the first time as a freelancer developer (for a local ISP company).
- At age 15 I founded my first startup(although at the time I didn’t called it a startup) Eyooi, which offered a customer service through ICQ. The service actually allowed users to message the brand’s bot, and to chat with him- while in the background the client customer service suggested a queue management, and multi-agent features. It’s kinda funny that startup companies do the same thing today with Facebook messanger (which is way easier than the ICQ protocol).
- At age 16 I founded my first non-profit “startup”, and recruited 6 other volunteers in order to enhance the education skills of the Israeli Scouts movement.
- At 17 I was hired as a developer at mantis.
- Served as a combat soldier at Golani (IDF).
- At age 19 I lectured for the first time in a professional developers conference.
- At age 20 I founded my first hi-tech startup, SocialBelong - As the comapny’s CEO I was able to lead my team to acquire 18 paying costumers, and managed 6 employees.
- Co-Founder and CTO of Rimoto
- Co-Founder and CEO of SocialBelong (formerly GoDisco)
- Creator of some popular open-source projects
- Maintainer in popular open-source projects such as kubernetes
- Occasionally lecturing on technology(mainly Go, but used to talk also about Android, PHP, Symfony, Drupal) and entreprenurship